Bialetti 12 Cup Moka Express (775ml coffee)
Crafted from durable and heat-resistant aluminium alloy, this coffee maker is built to withstand high temperatures and provide delicious coffee for years. Its classic design is stylish and functional, with a sturdy handle and easy-pour spout that make serving your coffee a breeze.
The innovative brewing process of the Bialetti Express Stovetop Coffee Maker is what sets it apart from other coffee makers. Fill the bottom chamber with water, add your favourite ground coffee to the filter basket, and heat the coffee maker on your stovetop. In just minutes, you'll enjoy a rich and delicious cup of coffee full of flavour and aroma.
So why wait? Treat yourself to Bialetti Express Stovetop Coffee Maker today!
- Design: 12 Cup Moka Express Espresso Maker
- Capacity: 12 espresso cups (775ml coffee)
- Iconic brand
- Italian engineer Alfonso Bialetti invented the stovetop method in 1933
- Materials: Polished aluminium alloy
- BPA free
- Heat resistant, cool touch handle & knob
- Ergonomic design
- Exclusive, patented Bialetti safety valve
- Not suitable for induction cooktops
- Durable and long-lasting
- Easy to use and clean.
- Designed & Made in Italy
Bialetti is the world's largest manufacturer of domestic coffee makers and coffee accessories. Bialetti produced the first Moka Express Stove-top Espresso Maker in 1933! Now it is estimated that somewhere in the region of, 120 million cups of coffee are made every day using this design of coffee maker. The Moka Express stovetop espresso maker produces rich, authentic Italian coffee in just minutes. The aluminium pot features Bialetti’s distinctive 8-sided design for optimal performance, which allows it to diffuse heat perfectly to enhance the aroma of your coffee. The handle and knob are built with black acrylic and can be handled when the aluminium is hot. Made in Italy.
Before using it for the first time
- Wash all the parts in warm water before using them the first time.
- We recommend that you throw away the first 2-3 brews.
- Don’t use the handle while unscrewing, as this can cause the handle to break.
How to use Bialetti Coffee Makers
Bialetti aluminium and stainless steel stovetop coffeemakers work on a pressure based system.
- Before using the coffeemaker for the first time, unscrew the top from the base.
- Remove the funnel from the base. Then remove the filter plate and the ring seal.
- Wash all parts in warm water and correctly reassemble the top section.
- Fill the base with water to just below the level of the safety valve. Be careful not to overfill, as the air in the space between the water and the coffee filter is what heats and forces the water up through the coffee. If the water tank is overfilled, the result is boiled coffee with a bitter or burnt taste.
- Insert the funnel.
- Loosely fill the funnel with your favourite espresso ground coffee, do not tamp coffee down. Remove any coffee grounds on the edge of the funnel.
- Screw the top section firmly to the base. Avoid using the handle for leverage.
- Place the coffeemaker on low to medium heat. When using gas, adjust the flame so it does not extend up the pot's side.
- It takes only 3 - 6 minutes, depending on the size of the coffeemaker and the heat intensity, until it’s ready to serve.
- Remove immediately from the heat once the coffee pot is 85%. Do not allow it to boil, and do not put it on full heat, as this may cause the coffee to taste burnt.
- When cool, separate the top section from the base, wash in warm water and dry thoroughly.
- It’s best not to use detergent when washing the aluminium models as it can taint the aluminium and, therefore, the coffee. However, a mild detergent can be used to clean the stainless steel models if you prefer, and a liquid chrome polish can be used to keep the stainless steel looking new.
- Do not use steel wool or abrasive products, as these will discolour or damage the pot's surface and parts.
- Periodically clean the column’s insides, ensuring no build-up of coffee residues.
- Do not reassemble until all parts are completely dry to avoid oxidation
- Bialetti stovetop espresso makers are not dishwasher safe, only cleaned by hand.
All Bialetti stovetop espresso makers are suitable for use on gas, electric and ceramic hobs. Stainless steel models are also additionally suitable for induction (exclude 2 cup).